Return to Me

The moment I waited TWO YEARS for finally arrived! Cody returned from serving a faithful mission on Tuesday. His mom, his brother Kyle, his sisters Morgan & Katy, my mom, my dad & my stepmom, and my two nephews Etahn & Tai all came along to greet him. I had my mom record everything with my camera. I had to help my dad with my nephew, so I didn't even get to see everything that happened when Cody came out, so thanks mom for taping!


Some things I love about the video - Ethan RUNNING to see Cody...he was so excited! Tai, meeting Cody for the first time, sticking out his bottle and saying "Ba-ba." I love how I can barely look at Cody...I keep focusing on the boys. I was so nervous, but for no good reason. As soon as he got released, everything was fine! I'm really glad that I didn't throw up! I was so worried that my nerves would get the best of me. :)

We went to In'n'Out after, and then back to his new house in Arcadia (new to him). We waited around patiently until he could be released, at about 9:30 that night. He decided to stay at his brother's house in Simi Valley, so I stayed at my aunt's house close by, and we drove the hour to Simi together and really got to talk. It was so nice. I have missed him so. But we just fell back together like nothing had changed, like the 2 years were just a few days. I'm so thankful for that!

We have spent every minute possible together...I was sad to leave him tonight to come home. But I'll see him again tomorrow morning. I never thought I'd say this, but I sure am glad I don't have a job! :)

We haven't figured out everything yet, such as a wedding date, but we wish it could be this weekend! I'm going to be kind of distracted in these next few days/weeks/lifetime, but I hope I don't neglect my dear blog too much...this has got me through some tough times! :)

One fun thing about the last 2 days has been updating Facebook and geteting so much positive feedback...I definately feel the love, and I'm grateful.

I don't want this to turn into some TAMN & JJWT saga, so I'll spare you the mushy stuff, but suffice it to say I am SO happy and positively giddy with joy!


About this entry


22 validations:

  1. Melissa December 11, 2008 at 1:17 AM

    aw i'm sooo happy for you! cutest video ever. like i am overjoyed for you! :) this makes me miss my brother though.

     
  2. Nicole December 11, 2008 at 1:36 AM

    I've been counting down the days with you, and so happy he's home for you. I am so excited that you are so massively in love. Being unemployed at the moment must make it all the sweeter to be with him...none of this "I have to be up in 4 hours, so I'd better get go home" stuff.

     
  3. Jennifer December 11, 2008 at 7:23 AM

    I'm so happy for you Heather. I remember when he first left... specifically my birthday dinner when you brought your bear with the Cody voice ;)

    I'm ok if you go a little TAMN on here for a while... you more than deserve it!

     
  4. Holly Mo December 11, 2008 at 8:05 AM

    Awww!!! YAY! :D Oh man I was sitting in class the time you guys were at the airport and I was SO excited, so I'm glad that you did get mom to film it so I can share in the joy!

    Oh Heather... I am SO SO SO happy for you! :D

     
  5. Brittany Marie December 11, 2008 at 8:13 AM

    What a great video! I'm so glad it went so well for you!

     
  6. Kristina P. December 11, 2008 at 8:41 AM

    Heather, this is so great and exciting! I hope everything continues to be a whirlwind, and go smoothly!

     
  7. Tara December 11, 2008 at 8:50 AM

    Yeah, so happy for your too lovers and so excited to meet him soon!

    He seems darling and I am so glad that he arrived home safely and everything is great!!!

     
  8. Cal December 11, 2008 at 9:08 AM

    Hahaha! Your mom "arms distance!". The best part. At first I thought it was you and then I saw you guys hug and then I thought, "oh, that must not be heather" and then I heard your mom's protest! The "planned illegal hug". You guys are already stirring the pot. Nice.

     
  9. Christa Jeanne December 11, 2008 at 9:19 AM

    YAY!!! I am so, so beyond thrilled for you, Heather! Seriously, talk about perfect timing to be jobless. :)

    I miss you, though! Can't wait to see you TWO on Saturday!!! :)

     
  10. Aubrey Messick December 11, 2008 at 9:20 AM

    Heather, I just couldn't be happier for you!!!

     
  11. Christa Jeanne December 11, 2008 at 9:25 AM
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  12. Christa Jeanne December 11, 2008 at 9:26 AM

    Ummmm, PS, just watched the video - sheesh, I got all teary-eyed when you finally got to see him!!! I was thinking about the time we were laying out at Thalia Street, talking about Cody's latest letter. So glad those two years were worth the wait. How overwhelming - again, so happy for you, darling!!!

     
  13. Jessi December 11, 2008 at 10:28 AM

    My, but he's handsome! :) I wasn't sure if you knew that, so I thought I'd tell you. :)I've been on pins and needles! Yippee!! Call me when have a minute between kisses! Ha Ha!

     
  14. Wade December 11, 2008 at 11:15 AM

    That illegal hug may cost you in extra days before you are allowed to get married. Hope it was worth it. I am sending a copy to SLC for review.
    Welcome home Cody, and thanks for stopping by our house for a just few minutes so we can say Hi. I know it was so far out of your way.Hahahahaha!

     
  15. Byron and Olya December 11, 2008 at 2:03 PM

    Heather, I loved the posters! Did you make them? so, girl, you better be speaking ukrainian now :)

     
  16. The Persson's December 11, 2008 at 7:00 PM

    I am so excited for you! You two look PERFECT together! Can't wait to see the wedding pics! :)

     
  17. Jules AF December 11, 2008 at 7:57 PM

    Yay how exciting!!!! This didn't come up on my stupid reader! Weird! Congratulationssss!

     
  18. Karly December 11, 2008 at 8:28 PM

    I think I shed some happy tears for you. I couldn't be more happy for you. I know life has been crazy lately - but now you have your man back! And that seems to make EVERYTHING ok. You are so blessed. And talk about perfect timing to not have your job. Cody looks fantastic and so do you. You looked so gorgeous! I can't wait to talk to you.

     
  19. Trish&Heath December 11, 2008 at 9:00 PM

    Man- I don't even know this guy and I started crying when he came up the walkway and came over and talked to your little Ethan.. I'm such a baby.
    ps - your hair is gorgeous!

     
  20. Seriously, so blessed! December 14, 2008 at 4:53 PM

    HEY! You say that like it's a BAD thing!! I'm thrilled for you...seriously! :)

     
  21. Russ and Debbie December 17, 2008 at 10:10 PM

    Okay so I was smiling from ear to ear watching this! What a special moment... I'm sure you'll never forget it! Welcome home Cody! We can't wait to meet you!

     
  22. Stephanie M. December 18, 2008 at 1:15 PM

    Ahh! I'm so happy for you!!