Snow Day!

Click on the pictures to see in detail

Wednesday we got about a foot of snow in Palmdale! It was so crazy! It started snowing at about 7:30 am and it did not stop until about 11:30 that night! I was already at my dad's, Cody came over in the morning, then Nathan & his gal Ashley came over, followed by Derek, Naomi, & the boys. Almost all of us together (we missed you Holly, Jill & Mom!). We had a lot of fun playing in the snow, coming in to warm up, then going out again. We made the short but treacherous drive to pick up some pizza, and stayed cozy with hot cocoa and playing games. It was a fun day full of play...the only bummer was that Jill, my step-mom, was trapped at work because the freeway closed. Luckily her mom lives nearby her work and she was able to spend time with her & her brothers.

Enjoy a video showing the fun we had outside!


About this entry


7 validations:

  1. Kristina P. December 18, 2008 at 7:05 PM

    That's so crazy!

    I love seeing all these pictures of people having just a blast in the snow. I should post pictures of me about to have my ear frozen off and running to and from my car!

     
  2. Anonymous December 18, 2008 at 8:43 PM

    Hi Heather!!!!

    This Is Gary Nelson, Alisha, Misty, Desserae's etc etc etc's dad. I don't know if you remember me, probably not. But anyway, Desserae just called me and gave me your blog address..hope you don't mind. I can't believe how much Nathan looks like John....that is incredible. Anyway...give John and your dad my number will ya? Have them call me just to catch up a little. My number is 801-403-1647.

    It was good seeing the pictures, trying to guess if I knew anyone in the pictures was a real challange.

     
  3. Wade December 18, 2008 at 9:22 PM

    I wish we lived someplace fun. Simi is a place people come to eat and not even visit their favorite aunt just because she married a big giant dope.

     
  4. Jessi December 19, 2008 at 9:23 AM

    I knew you'd change your tune about all the snow "nonsense!" Just admit it- you were MADE for snow- Utah snow!! Like, be my next-door-neighbor snow!! Loved the video- it felt like I was there with my "extended family." Snowball This!!

     
  5. Hizzeather December 19, 2008 at 11:23 AM

    Of course I remember you Gary! I passed on the info!

    Wade, we have just gotten too old to come and play at aunt Mindy's...we still want to...you don't scare us! :)

     
  6. Trish&Heath December 22, 2008 at 2:49 PM

    Puh-lease Heather... the Ukraine??? Knee deep snow?? You totally can do snow. plus it's been snowing in idaho for three days straight, and drifting. I LOVE IT!! I love driving in it, I love sitting inside and watching everyone out snowblowing their driveways (glad I don't have to, I love curling up on the couch and drinking hot chocolate while the wind howls around me. you won't experience that in Cali, however, so come here!

     
  7. Emily December 24, 2008 at 4:03 PM

    Love the plastic bags on your nephews feet! I should have thought of that. Aubrey's shoes were soaked for days.