My 15 minutes...

I had the pleasure of assisting my dear friend Julie in her latest project a few weeks ago. She dabbles in puppeteering and she loves music, so she combines the two every so often for fan contests. Last year she won a contest by making a music video for the band Army of Anyone with puppets. This year the band Filter (same lead singer) had a similar contest, so she dusted off her puppets (that she made herself) and outdid herself. I now present to you her music video to "What's Next" by Filter...



Isn't it awesome? I encourage you to please go here, log in and comment on the video, and rate it. That won't help her win or anything, that's at the bands discretion, but it will sure make her feel good. And it will show all those others that tried to make a video that their lame anti-war propaganda videos suck! :)

Here is a picture of the cast and crew at the premiere party tonight

Emily, me, Dustin, Eva Joy, Julie, and her puppets KTM, Rob & Drake.

Julie, the creative monster

We had a fun evening...Julie bought the crew dinner at Bad to the Bone, the BEST BBQ place in Orange County. It was delicious. We got some dessert at Golden Spoon and then headed to Julie's for the premiere of the video. Everyone loved it! Even though I was there for the filming of every scene, I was still blown away at how Julie put it together...she's awesome!

These are some of her storyboards...from paper and ink to video...it was cool to see that process for the first time

Here's all the people that came -

( Back Row) Dustin, Chris, Paula, Christa, Angel, Emily, Debbie, me

(Front Row) Eva Joy, Christina, Julie, and Emily

And here are all the other random pictures that Christa had fun posing in and taking :)





Good puppet times :)


About this entry


2 validations:

  1. Julie M. August 16, 2008 at 11:18 AM

    Lovely post, ma'am. It's nice to see more new stuff again. I will now take the photos and use them on my own blog. Puppets!

     
  2. Tricia Bagley August 16, 2008 at 4:04 PM

    That's pretty awesome. She should submit her stuff to PBS. She could be the next Jim Henderson (Sesame Street). I'm not sure if you already know but because Harry Potter was moved Twilight will now be opening the weekend HP was supposed to! Now we get to see it 3 weeks earlier. I love silver linings!