Tag, I'm 'IT'


Wow...I've never been tagged before! I feel so honored! Thank you Karly! Wait...I actually have to do something now? It's not just an award that you accept and move on? That sucks...

Ok...Five Random Things About Me (This is going to be difficult because my life is an open book and I force people to read it a lot. :).

One - I love to cook, but I hate baking. I'm always surprised at my friends who love to bake. Deanna, Sjauna, Christa and others just bake for the heck of it...weird! Baking is a pain in the bootie for me because you have to mix a whole bunch of stuff together and then put it in an oven and hope it comes out well. I prefer cooking because it's there on the stove right in front of you, you can see if it needs something, taste it and fix it if it's not quite right. You can't do that with a cake. You can't even test the darn thing before you present it because you'll ruin it. So you put your cake out there, looking all perfect, and then some sucker takes the first bite and oh snap...you used salt instead of sugar. What a big fat waste of time, I say!

Two - I love validation. I know, I know, who doesn't? But I really love it...it makes me feel so good! Whenever I do something awesome I call my sister Holly and make her tell me how cool I am. So, I call her a lot. :) Whenever I blog about something I call her and sit on the phone while she reads it and make sure she laughs in the appropriate places. I love getting comments on my blog...it rocks! And I like to make others feel good too, so I am not shy about giving people compliments. Trust me, even though I gush sometimes, they are sincere...I know that people are always thinking nice things about others, but they are too afraid to go up to some random girl and say, "Wow, that haircut is so great!" I have no problem doing this, and I love it when others do it to me.

Three - I am not a flirt. I am just a really nice person. At least, that is my opinion. My Mission President thinks I'm just a flirt. :) He was always talking to me about it on the mish, telling me to tone it down and stop flirting. I would heed his advice for a few days and then slip right back into my usual personality...I like to talk to people! All people, boy or girl! It's not like I was batting my eyelashes and stroking their arms or anything. I was just a good friend, to boys and girls. There were just more boys than girls on missions, so that's why it seemed like I had a lot of guy friends. But what I think people don't understand is that I am nice to everyone, boys and girls. I treat everyone the same. I have guy friends that are just as close to me as my girl friends. So I call my guy friends a lot and text them and all that, just as if they were one of my girls. I do not think this is flirting!

Four - I daydream a lot. I mean, a lot! I am a lucky individual who can multi-task very well, so I can drive and have fantasies, or listen to a talk and have fantasies, or talk on the phone and have fantasies. :) Have you seen that movie 'Sidekicks' with Jonathan Brandis and Chuck Norris? That is so me, except I still pay attention while I daydream. I have a very active imagination. I do not share my fantasies with just anyone though...because you would all know how crazy I am! But if I ever do finally sit down and write a book like I have wanted to forever, I will have a hard time choosing which story to write. I have brazillions!

Five - I love inside jokes! I use them even when people aren't in on the joke, and they think I'm just stupid. Case in point - The last word in the last paragraph I wrote is indeed brazillions. I heard a joke once that went like this -

Three Brazilian Soldiers
Donald Rumsfeld is giving the president his daily briefing.
He concludes by saying: "Yesterday, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed."
"OH NO!" the President exclaims. "That's terrible!"
His staff sits stunned at this display of emotion, nervously watching as the President sits, head in hands.
Finally, the President looks up and asks, "How many is a brazillion?"


This joke cracks me up! And ever since I have heard it, I use the term brazillion as a measurement, even though just like the President, I am unable to determine exactly how much it is. But it sure sounds like a lot! :) So, if you hear me say something that doesn't really make sense and then I start laughing, just roll your eyes and proceed on. I'm probably just enjoying another inside joke, even though I'm probably the only one that's "in" on it. What can I say...I crack myself up!

Phew...that wasn't too painful. To share the love I tag Christa, Ben, Aubrey, Russ&Debbie, Robin, Ange, Deanna & Wade! I want to tag everybody, but oh well. I will be checking your blogs and verifying!!!!! :D


About this entry


6 validations:

  1. Wade May 23, 2008 at 9:50 PM

    I hate computers!!! I had a lovely comment and I just deleted it. How can my computer allow such a thing if it is so smart.
    I ALWAYS played tag backs growing up, and I cheat!
    I really enjoyed the bus trip entry. I like to think there still are nice people in the world.

     
  2. Karly May 23, 2008 at 11:29 PM

    Okay. I love that you put a picture of the game tag up. I love that you daydream. I love that you crack yourself up, I find myself laughing at myself when I'm all alone. :) And I love that you tagged a brazillion people at the end of yours.

     
  3. Jessi May 25, 2008 at 7:53 AM

    Heather, It's Jess. I just read the brazillion joke and choked on my cereal. Thanks a lot- really! :)

     
  4. Sjauna May 26, 2008 at 9:31 PM

    Hey! Quit spelling my name wrong!

     
  5. Sjauna May 26, 2008 at 9:41 PM

    Oh, and do you have to use the word 'fantasy'? It makes me feel like you are flirting with me.

     
  6. Hizzeather May 26, 2008 at 10:33 PM

    SjAUna, I am not flirting with you, and I went through and corrected all of my mispellings. I apologize! :) Hey, I'm Californian, and we have a lot of Juans here...give me a break! :)