A rare personal post...

Ok...I seriously love my fiance. I know that's normal and all, but I am just amazed at how even though he is in another country on a very strict regimen that doesn't allow much contact with the outside world, I still love him more and more with each letter.


I was talking to several people yesterday about relationships. I feel bad for those who haven't gotten to the point where they can talk about anything with their significant other. So, in my letter last night I wrote to him that I appreciated how honest we are with each other, and that we have no secrets from each other. When we first met he used to tell little white lies all the time. It was pretty funny actually. He just never wanted to make me mad or sad, so if he thought it would make me feel bad, he would lie. Well, I must have a built in BS detector, because I could always tell. So to counteract this, I would get really mad if he would lie, and if he simply told the truth, I wouldn't get mad, no matter how "harsh" it was or whatever. I really do prefer the truth, as I don't get offended too easily. Well, he soon learned to just tell the truth no matter what, and it has worked really well for us, on both sides. We both feel very comfortable knowing that no matter what we say to the other that we won't judge and we can talk it out and that we will still love each other.

So, I wrote, "Since I'm talking about being honest...I'm nervous thinking about seeing you again! SO nervous, like it'll be a first date again. I have all the same feelings, like what will he think of me and what will we talk about and is he going to kiss me and everything. Isn't that so funny? To be planning a wedding to someone that you are nervous about seeing? :) What are your thoughts on that?"

And he wrote, "I am going to be 100% honest with you forever. It's better that way. You're so much cooler when you're not mad at me. :) For example, I don't think we need to circumcise our kids...how about that for honest? But yeah, we will have to talk about that. I am not sure what you want."

When I read that this morning I was laughing so hard! Circumcision? REALLY? I do not understand how this man's mind works, but I am so willing to spend eternity trying to find out! I am going to be laughing about this one for a long time.

In case you're wondering, no he won't be mad that I posted this. He will laugh about it too. Seriously, this is so Cody...so RANDOM! I love him!

ps...he also sent me a last minute email telling me that he had peeked at my blog. He never does that, because he is very obedient, but I had talked about working on the puppet video and he really wanted to see it. He must of had some extra time for once...he's usually so rushed. He sent this email.

"I was was not perfect and I went and saw the puppet video and it rocks! I love Filter. I have not heard them in ages. I don't think I have listened to them at all in over 3 years. They still sound good to me. Good job, it rocks baby! Tell your friend I give it an A+!"

After I read that I quickly went to my blog to see what else he may have seen, just to make sure I haven't posted any pictures of my other boyfriends (ha!), and I saw this!
I know I'm a weirdo, but looking at that little Kiev flag makes me feel a little more connected to him...it gives me a warm fuzzy. :) I am so thankful for the Internet! And Julie should feel good that she got Cody's stamp of approval on her video. She's a shoe-in to win now! :)


About this entry


12 validations:

  1. Malinovka August 18, 2008 at 1:24 PM

    It sounds like you have such a great man, Heather! Can't wait to meet him! Honestly is probably the most important aspect of a relationship, so it's awesome that you already have that down. I'm glad you'll have a lot of things in common to make your marriage strong. And I think it's totally normal and fun to know that you're wondering about how to act, etc. when you see each other again. It will be awesome. :)

     
  2. Christa Jeanne August 18, 2008 at 3:09 PM

    Ooooh, how do I get that little traffic feed on my blog? That is too cute. :)

     
  3. The Persson's August 18, 2008 at 10:01 PM

    Your fiance sounds like such a great guy and you have such a wonderful, honest relationship! I was dying laughing about the circumcision thing - so funny! :)

     
  4. Julie M. August 19, 2008 at 12:21 PM

    Good boy! Oddly, the brazen circumcision thing did not surprise me whatsoever when I read it. Cody's opinion was the tipping point to start the landslide for my imminent victory. Thank you!

     
  5. Kristina P. August 19, 2008 at 1:49 PM

    Heather, I just saw your comment on Julie's blog about you coming into town. I almost missed it! You need to comment on mine too! :)

    I would love to have lunch with you guys. It would be a blast.

     
  6. tara August 20, 2008 at 1:24 PM

    OMG!! How do you get such a good looking hunk who was like a fetus when you were born?! He looks like he has great arms.
    Righteous people don't get engaged before the mission...but I'm sure he's sooper spirichal.

     
  7. Hizzeather August 20, 2008 at 1:29 PM

    I can always count on getting a random comment whenever I leave a comment on "Seriously, So Blessed"! It's usually by people who have their blogs blocked, because they don't want idiots looking at their lives and judging them...ironic, huh?

    Thanks for fulfilling the quota today "Barf"!

     
  8. Brittany Marie August 21, 2008 at 11:55 AM

    Hey Hizzeather, I'm a blog stalker from SSB, but I'm not one of "those" blog stalkers. :p

    My JJWT was my missionary too, but of course I had "Bolivia" stuff everywhere. Go Countdown posters and Mother's Day phone calls!

     
  9. Hizzeather August 22, 2008 at 10:27 AM

    Yeah for people like Brittany who are understanding! Thank you! We definitely have an "alternate" situation in Mormondom, but I don't feel the need to explain myself to anyone. We know what we're doing, and what's right for us.

    Side note...both mothers (mine and his) have emailed me with their thoughts on circumsision. My mom agrees with Cody, while his mom disagrees. Uh, guys, can we PLEASE wait to have this conversation when and if I have a baby boy? Geez! :)

     
  10. Hizzeather August 22, 2008 at 10:28 AM

    ps...blog stalking rocks. I have met two great people through stalking! :)

     
  11. Christa August 23, 2008 at 9:38 PM

    I have stalked your blog a few times and noticed on your list of blogs that you served a mission in the Ukraine. I have wondered if you possibly knew my husband's cousin Robyn. I can see now, since she's the first comment, that you do. I'm glad you feel that stalkers rock, because I'll be coming back often.

     
  12. Hizzeather August 23, 2008 at 9:47 PM

    Wow Christa, what a small world! I guess for Mormons it's even smaller!

    Robin was my first American companion. I think I drove her crazy, because I'm a little bossy and kinda overbearing and I didn't speak Russian very well, but she still speaks to me, so it couldn't have been too bad. ha ha...we had some great times and I love her!