Concert at Segerstrom Hall

I had the pleasure of attending a Christmas concert tonight at the Orange County Performing Arts Center, "All the Bells on Earth Shall Ring". My roommate and a few other friends are in the Orange County Mormon Choral Organization. They performed with the Orange County Mormon Orchestra and a few Mormon choirs made up of teens, children, & even little Sunbeams! It was a wonderful evening, beautiful music, and such wonderful acoustics in that hall!

Christina put a group together and we all enjoyed it very much...see the collage for pictures of Lexi, Christa, Aubrey, Travis, Laura, Kirk, Lyndsey, Cort, Lincoln & I. Kim's fiance Dave sat right in front of me, so I snapped a pic of him with his sister & mom. We met up with our choral friends afterward & I got a shot of Kim & Paula in their sexy choir dresses. :)

You aren't supposed to film anything, but I just couldn't help taking a short video of the Sunbeams...they were angels!

It was a wonderful night! If you were there too, please share your thoughts!


About this entry


4 validations:

  1. IzeOfLight December 4, 2008 at 12:25 AM

    It was phenomenal! I'm completely and totally biased, but I really loved Graham's organ solo during the organ pre-concert. =) What was cool was sitting with my non-LDS former co-workers (from when we all worked for Graham) during "I Believe in Christ." One of them, a Methodist, I believe, LOVED it. They all seemed impressed with the song, but Chris seemed touched by it, and that was cool to see. I listened to some of the words slightly differently, being there with folks who'd never heard the words before.

    I loved the O Magnum Mysterium or whatever. The Carol of the Bells was PHENOMENAL (loved the cellos and upright basses on that one!), and I loved I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day--that ending was powerful! Really, the whole thing was just awesome. I loved it!

     
  2. Aubrey Messick December 4, 2008 at 12:41 AM

    Thanks for this fabulous post. I'm sending people to your blog to check out the video of the little sunbeams. Sooooo cute! Tonight was absolutely incredible. I second everything Laura said. I loved every minute of the concert!!! I was truly touched.

     
  3. Kristina P. December 4, 2008 at 8:49 AM

    It sounds like an amazing evening!!

     
  4. Tara December 4, 2008 at 9:26 AM

    I loved every single second of it, it was so amazing and I so wish I could see and hear it again!

    It was truly an amazing experience and I am so grateful I was able to go and experience it!

    Fun picts, I might have to borrow some for my post! ha!
    Thanks!