Thanksgiving

I know what you're thinking. Thanksgiving was so 10 days ago. :) But I forgot to post about "The Great Pie Debacle of Oh-Eight."
This is me & my bro Nate...I took this because I think we have the same hairstyle these days :) No one will probably notice, but my face looks weird because I woke up with both eyes and lips swollen to capacity...most of it had gone down by this point...stupid hives...

So, pies...well, my step-sister Jesi had worked so hard on making all of these homemade pies, and my brother's girlfriend Ashley made a yummy jello pie with strawberries. They were all presented on a little table, waiting for us to have some room after our delicious dinner to fit some in. I was not in the room when this all went down, so we'll never really know what happened, but I heard a shriek and a crash and when I turned around, all of our pies were on the floor. Somehow my cousin Jennifer, Jesi, and her boyfriend Shane had bumped into each other and caused the table to tip over. Luckily it was Shane involved, because Jesi loves him best and will forgive him. If it had been me...well, I probably wouldn't be able to type right now, we'll leave it at that. :)
Of course the first thing I said when I turned around was, "Don't move!!!!! Let me go get my camera!!!" ha ha...I'm glad I got these pics. We were able to salvage most of the pies and they still tasted just fine. And now Jesi has a great excuse for whenever Shane doesn't want to do something for her or buy her something. All she has to do is say, "Remember when you ruined all of my Thanksgiving pies?" :)


About this entry


4 validations:

  1. Jules AF December 6, 2008 at 6:08 PM

    OH MY GOSH I WOULD HAVE KILLED THEM!!!!!!!!!!

     
  2. Nicole December 7, 2008 at 2:00 AM

    Sounds like something that would happen at my family party

     
  3. The Persson's December 7, 2008 at 6:48 PM

    That is really funny and upsetting....mmmmm pie.

     
  4. Karly December 8, 2008 at 2:32 AM

    Haha. Sooo glad you got your camera to capture that. Too many funny things happen and we never catch it on camera. I don't know why, but I can't stop laughing about this story. Is it because it's 2:30am? Maybe. But I love the pictures of the pies all messed up. Haha.