Please HELP!

{Reposted from my eFriend Mallory's blog...I just donated $10 via text message}

I know money is tight everywhere, but I don't know anyone who can't sacrifice $10 to help aid those in Haiti right now whose lives have been shattered in the earthquake. I know if I were there, I would be on my knees begging God, praying for help from people like you me. We are all so blessed people!!! We can't sit here and allow those people to suffer without offering the slightest bit of help. Right now is the time to help.

Read this article.

Really, just take the 5 minutes and read it please.

Did you read the part that states there could be as many as 100,000 dead? Or maybe even up to 500,000 dead?? Or more???? I can't even imagine the heartache involved in such a disaster.

For those interested in helping immediately (YOU AND ME!),simply text "HAITI" to "90999" and a donation of $10 will be given automatically to the Red Cross to help with relief efforts, charged to your cell phone bill (I checked it out and it's 100% legit, set up by the mGive Foundation. Every penny of that $10 goes straight to the Red Cross). Once you text, they will text you back asking to confirm. Reply "YES". They will send you 2 more texts and you just reply "STOP" to never hear from them again. Simple as can be.

Or you can go online to organizations like the Red Cross and Mercy Corps to make a contribution to the disaster relief efforts.


About this entry


3 validations:

  1. Mallory January 14, 2010 at 12:00 PM

    Well you just made my day :)

    Thanks so much for posting! I think waaay too often we all just sit back and think about how much we would LIKE to help, but never really raise a finger.

    Thanks again!

     
  2. Cal January 14, 2010 at 6:32 PM

    It's so easy to text. I heard they've made a ton of money through texting. Thanks for the info.

     
  3. "Miss Kris" January 16, 2010 at 7:10 PM

    I felt helpless, reading about it and looking at all the pictures. Thank you for letting me know. I did it and I am glad I could do something.