Glamour is my middle name

I'm participating in my first blog party!

Photobucket
Click here to join the party!

My friend Kristina is very brave...she posted her high school glamour shots! I love looking at glamour shots...I remember my mom and my aunts all getting them done one night and they all turned out SO AWESOME! Of course, you can't really display them around the house anymore...talk about dated! But they are a fun glimpse into the 90's, don't ya think?

I could never afford glamour shots, darn it! But that doesn't mean that there aren't AWESOME photos of me! :)
Oh yeah...missin' some teeth and cracking up about who knows what. I love this picture!
Here's the real glamorous one...Vaseline on the lens baby! These must have been 1986 or so.
My senior picture, 1998...I couldn't afford glamour shots, but I could afford those portrait studios at the mall where you got like 50 wallets for $10. You know, the one where you got pictures taken with that week's BFF or boyfriend and then signed the back and gave them to all your friends...I have hundreds of these from all my friends.
I had a thing for black & white, as you can see. This is me & my BFF Alyson in 2001. Do best friends still take pictures together? It was a MUST in the late 90's/early 00's!
My mission picture, 2001. The awkward arm really adds a nice touch, I think.

Needless to say, I am so bummed that Deb didn't go to my high school. I could have really used her expertise and maybe would have some art like this to brag about right now...
...so many regrets...


About this entry


26 validations:

  1. Unknown April 15, 2010 at 1:05 PM

    I think I like your mission picture the best!!

     
  2. Kristina P. April 15, 2010 at 1:14 PM

    You still have the classic Glamour Shots pose. Love it.

     
  3. Jones - Keeping Up With M.O.M. April 15, 2010 at 1:24 PM

    These are still great! Holla! Kristina is right, your poses are great! :)

     
  4. Erin April 15, 2010 at 1:41 PM

    The mission picture is outstanding. In my mission picture, I hardly have any eyebrows - mostly because I was convinced at that time that less was more. Looking at the picture, I was obviously right.

     
  5. Jessica G. April 15, 2010 at 1:42 PM

    Oh, gotta love the missing tooth picture! That ought to be the next blog carnival - posting pictures of ourselves at our most awkward stages.

     
  6. Naomi and Family April 15, 2010 at 3:05 PM

    Kami got some glamour shots and I was so bummed I never got any :( Oh well...... Those are some good pictures! I know this is about you but that first one of Derek reminds me of Ethan! And the second one of Derek with his little worried happy look reminds me of Ethan too! They are such cute pictures! And yah, it's too funny to remember taking pictures with my bffs. I remember feeling so cool!

     
  7. "Miss Kris" April 15, 2010 at 3:07 PM

    Oh man! Ah! Stomach. Hurts. Priceless... No words. Both ends of the picture set are stupendous. LOL

     
  8. Just SO April 15, 2010 at 3:52 PM

    I sadly am without a Glamour shot. It's one of my life regrets... but I do have an awesome sweet sixteen shoot from Olan Mills.

    I love that you and your bestie got your pictures taken together.

     
  9. Anonymous April 15, 2010 at 5:39 PM

    Yours are sooo cute! You don't look like Tammy Faye Bakker attacked you at the makeup counter like I do in mine! AND your hair looks like hair instead of some unholy bird's nest on your head... maybe for a condor.

    I like the B&W. Very nice. ;)

     
  10. Emily April 15, 2010 at 6:07 PM

    Ah thanks! You certainly had several pics to choose from! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the uncle Rico pose. So great!

     
  11. Jules AF April 15, 2010 at 6:58 PM

    haha I like the senior picture one.

     
  12. b. April 15, 2010 at 7:13 PM

    Niiiice!
    My fave is the pensive look.
    I hope there are no remaining copies of my senior pics!

     
  13. *MARY* April 15, 2010 at 7:34 PM

    That's such a cute family picture. Did the photographer stub his toe on the tripod or something?
    That would have made me laugh.

     
  14. Unknown April 15, 2010 at 7:39 PM

    Nice jog through the past. Awkward arm is my favorite.

     
  15. Cranberryfries April 15, 2010 at 8:29 PM

    I love the friend photo. I remember whatever place took our school pictures in jr high came back later in the year and would take friend shots. Always made me laugh.

     
  16. Camille April 15, 2010 at 8:29 PM

    Love these! Still laughing about Deb and Uncle Rico! :) She totally offered the Glamour Shot style didn't she?
    P.S. where did you serve your mission?

     
  17. Hizzeather April 15, 2010 at 8:35 PM

    I served in the Ukraine Donetsk Mission from May 2001 - Dec 2002. :)

     
  18. The Kooky Queen--Rachel April 15, 2010 at 11:19 PM

    LOVE it, the mission pic is so cute!!! And I *totally* thought of Glamour Shots by Deb when Kristina did this! "I could wrap you in some foam, or something billowy?" LOVE it!

     
  19. Devri April 16, 2010 at 8:27 AM

    Perfect Arm shot! Sadly I never had an arm shot, and too bad, I have the most sexy-est-ness one! ps. what a wonderful mission to go to!, but you already know that :)

     
  20. Annette Lyon April 16, 2010 at 9:32 AM

    What was it about friends taking pictures together?!

    Love the awkward arm effect. :)

     
  21. See Mom Smile April 16, 2010 at 12:38 PM

    I think those are way better that Pictures by Deb! I served a mission too! Where did you go? Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Love yours. Love making new friends.

     
  22. Tiffany April 16, 2010 at 2:49 PM

    SO cute!! Love it! Stopping by from Kristina's blog....

     
  23. Jessi April 16, 2010 at 6:04 PM

    I CAN NOT stop laughing!! I keep scrolling between your picture and Uncle Rico's and just die. I have tears!!

     
  24. Laura Marchant April 18, 2010 at 7:10 AM

    I think that is the standard pose for graduation pictures. I have one and both my sisters have the same shot too!

     
  25. Saimi April 19, 2010 at 4:05 PM

    Thanks for the visit! Love the BFF picture, friends are the best!!

    My oldest boy went to Croatia on his mission and my youngest is seving in the Oaxaca Mexico mission.

     
  26. Crystal Escobar April 22, 2010 at 9:57 AM

    haha, I love this!!! I just came across your blog and started looking around a bit. Loved this post, and all the pics. Your mission shot is great.
    I went on a mission to, went to Germany. So, it looks like we have at least one thing in common :)