Rejoice!

The Ukraine Kiev Temple will be dedicated August 29, 2010!!!!

Almost 12 years after it was announced, the first Temple in Eastern Europe will finally be open. Words can not describe the emotions in my heart and soul right now. I was in Kiev when President Gordon B. Hinkley told the members that for the Temple to come about the members there must increase their faith and keep the commandments. I am so proud of the church members in Ukraine who listened to the Prophet and will now have their Temple.

I hope that Cody & I can find a way to be there! We would love to share in the wonderful celebration and to rejoice with our Ukrainian & Russian brothers and sisters there on that special day!

Full story on lds.org newsroom here.
Picture taken March 31, 2010 & sent to me by Yevgeniy Schmurak


About this entry


11 validations:

  1. Malinovka April 21, 2010 at 6:59 PM

    They must have JUST announced the date--I haven't heard anything solid. Ahh, it's so pretty! I would LOVE to be there, but, uh, I don't think that's going to happen. I've been asked if I'm going to come.... That would be SO awesome if you and Cody made it!

     
  2. See Mom Smile April 21, 2010 at 7:26 PM

    Yay for temples! My hubby and I really want to attend the dedication of temple in Chile Conception where he served his mission. He will love it and I will smile a lot!

     
  3. Jenn April 21, 2010 at 8:27 PM

    Heather, that is soooo incredibly exciting!!! I really hope you can be there.

     
  4. Wade April 22, 2010 at 12:49 PM

    Where is Easter Europe? Is that where the bunnies rule?

     
  5. Hizzeather April 22, 2010 at 12:54 PM

    ha ha...They do decorate eggs in Ukraine, but that was a typo...my bad! I'll fix it.

     
  6. Naomi and Family April 22, 2010 at 8:55 PM

    Heather, that is so awesome! I hope you both can be there! That would be incredible for you both to be in Ukraine at the same time for something so special! You can use it however you want but I want you to spend the money we give you for watching the kids in June to help with your plane tickets! Promise me!

     
  7. The Kooky Queen--Rachel April 23, 2010 at 10:18 PM

    WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! This post made me cry!!! I had no idea this temple was so soon to be finished and wow, the feelings in my heart! So amazing! My hubby and I lived in Kiev in 2002 and were there when Pres Hinckley came and told them all to be a little more prayerful. The feelings in that auditorium...WOW! And having lived in Russia too, this is fantastic news for them too because the Finland temple is SO far for so many of them and now Kiev will be much closer. Just SO awesome!!! I hope you're able to make it there!!!! That would be wonderful!!!

     
  8. Teranne April 24, 2010 at 12:02 PM

    Hey Heather! So good to "see" you again! I'm glad you found my blogs. It is so fun to catch up with friends from the past. I enjoyed reading through your blogs. It's strengthening to hear the testimonies of others through everyday experiences.

    Do you have grandparents with the last name Bench?

     
  9. Our Family April 26, 2010 at 9:12 PM

    Heather, I really hope you guys get to be there. That would be wonderful!!!

     
  10. Velvet Over Steel May 14, 2010 at 10:31 AM

    Beautiful blog and love your post! Glad I found you!! Following and will be back soon!
    Have a fantastic weekend! :-)
    Hugs,
    Coreen

     
  11. "Miss Kris" May 26, 2010 at 12:02 PM

    Woman! Do whatever the heck you can to get there! That is amazing. What is also amazing is that you and Cody speak Kievenese! All the more reason to get out there.