Dang you J.K. Rowling!

I just finished Book 7... I was sobbing almost uncontrollably from page 637 to 759, the end. I initially lost it earlier when Dobby died, but I was at work, so I had to get it together and wait to finish reading when I got home. I was home alone which fostered the ability to get completely lost in the story and feel it on an immensely personal level. I love these books so much! It's almost painful to be done reading them because I want to know more about these characters...I feel like I've lost contact with some very good friends.
It was cool reading all 7 books in quick succession - my first time doing that, and definitely not the last. What a journey.
It's almost scary the power that JK Rowling has. She thought up this amazing story, all of it, start to finish, before she even wrote book 1. The way that it all comes together, layer upon layer of multi-dimensional stories that connect...it is simply brilliant. She deserves every penny that woman.
Well, now that I'm done, I don't know what to do...my life has lost all purpose. :) I guess I'll get started on Persuasion, although I highly doubt there will be any magic or house-elves. *sigh*


About this entry


0 validations: