Project

So... as you know I live with Kim in what I call my "cubby." It's the den in her condo, so it's smallish with no closet or anything. Space is kind of an issue for me, so I have a ton of stuff in the garage and I use the hall closet as well. I use Justin's old twin bed (Kim's brother) and since he is a boy, he just had it up on cinder blocks. I have been sleeping on it okay, but it needed just a little support in the middle so it wouldn't dip at all. I also wanted to raise the bed up a bit so I could use the space under for storage. I considered buying a bed frame and getting some risers, but figuring that at a cost of about $50, I decided to just spend $5 on more cinder blocks.

Before

During

After

I was just going to bump it up a little bit, but then I got ambitious and decided to put the bricks the other way to make it higher. It's kinda scary, and I'll need to get a little stool, but it's sturdy and look at all that space! I totally feel like I'm in college or something, but hey, it works and it's only until I get hitched in February. I choose to embrace my ghetto-ness for now! :)


Now I just need a bed skirt of some sort to hide my cinder blocks! :)


About this entry


2 validations:

  1. Holly Mo June 23, 2008 at 11:54 AM

    Just a little ambitious, eh? I would be scared to climb up on that death trap ;)

    But here is the all-important question:
    Do you still stub your toes on it all the time?

     
  2. Hizzeather June 23, 2008 at 10:17 PM

    No...I have finally realized that it is there and avoid it. :)

    I bought some chocolate brown curtains to use as a bed skirt and it looks really cute now!